Monday, April 25, 2005

THERESARRT`S QUESTIONS #3, 4, & 5

  Theresarrt`s Questions;    A reply to questions 3, 4, & 5.

Theresarrt http://journals.aol.com/theresarrt7/TheresaWilliams-author/entries/740  answered her queries so beautifully that she gave me the courage to comment, asking her to question me. Her queries are so thought provoking that I can`t answer the five in one post. In this post, I`ll try to reply to #3, 4, & 5.

3.  What would you say to Freud in an e-mail.

To; siggief@heaven.com

From: deabt@aol.com

Subject: Psychology

 

65 years after your death, you must be proud to remain the most quoted Psychologist in the literature. And your secretary, Otto Rank, has done pretty well too! Of all your associates, he remains the most profound.

4.  Many people have a metaphor which guides their lives.  For example, for the fictional character Siddhartha it is the river.  Siddhartha's final epiphany is that the answers to life's questions are in the river's voice.  Do you have a central metaphor in your life...or are you looking for one?

Easy…..ART, in all of its manifestations.

 

5.  What is something you wrote when you were a little boy that gave you joy?  Try to recreate that piece of writing here.

called to dinner,

the boy and girl descend

from their bedrooms

where they must stay

in grandma`s house.  

 

quietly, they pass the

dining room

through the kitchen

where grown-ups eat

to the shed.  

 

unheated

quickly

they eat

in grandma`s house.    

 

V

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting Q an A session here. :) I can relate to the poem.

Anonymous said...

Excellent!  I love the e-mail to Freud.  And I agree about Otto Rank!  Your poem is wonderful--ah, Grandma's house.  I remember how my boys loved going there (to my mother's).  My grandmother lived with us until she died when I was 9.  I didn't know my other grandmother all that well, and she was far away.  Apparently, I missed out on a grand experience.  The detail about the children eating in the unheated shed intrigues me.  That seems worth writing more about, to me.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the email, and the poem.  I wondered about the email to heaven.com...do you think it will be returned by the system...what do they call it...demon...hmmm

Thanks for visiting my front porch.  I like your site and plan to spend some time on it.
--Beth

Anonymous said...

I'd ask siggy if he's come up with new answers for a "God complex!"  V ... this poem is one of your saddest.  Nothing worse then the wear of a child.

Anonymous said...

Loved the email address!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Vince:)

What an interesting journey your questions took you! This is a good game for the land, it's good to see our friends from new perspective. :)

Always, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

It's been interesting to read your answers and get a bit more of a peak inside of you.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/photographybymon/Mamarazzi/
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

love the email to freud!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested to know about the joy that poem gave you.  Was it the accomplishment of writing a powerful and moving poem?  Or did it have something to do with the content?

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/

Anonymous said...

What a great poem! I love it when form mirrors content.

Anonymous said...

Theresa has asked some very thought provoking questions. I'll add my reply to #4.... For me the journey metaphor is a road... or path. Sometimes I can actually envision the symbolic "fork in the road" as I pause to take measure of which juncture to follow. right now I can see that fork looming ahead and it scares the crap outa my ADHD mind!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree with "Madman" about the road or path--that is the definitely the driving metaphor of my life--the journey, the quest.  My art is my method for helping me choose which "path" to take.

Anonymous said...

Good poem.  Thanks for visiting my journal. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Your wit and intelligence amaze me. I wish only that you showed this side of yourself more often. I think, Vince, you are the kind of person, I would enjoy hearing for hours. I'd say "talk to" but really, I'd just rather listen to what you have to say and maybe interject with a question or two, or fifty, every now and then. :-) ---Robbie